Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pain and suffering.. with a light at the end of the tunnel

RIP Grandpa LaCourse, 4/26/28-2/15/12
We all love you and will miss you terribly. I have missed you for a very long time because you haven't been yourself since probably October. It breaks my heart to know that you did not want to suffer for so long, and yet you did. I am grateful that you are no longer in pain and hope that you're hunting and fishing up in heaven with Dana and Matt, and that you and grandma have reunited with little Denise and are happy. I wish you could have been well enough to meet my little girl, but I knew that with your comprehension slipping daily that you probably wouldn't have known who she was. I'm glad that I came to see you Sunday and that you recognized me. I made you smile for a moment, and that made me smile. For a second I saw my grandpa shine through the sickness and that moment will live with me forever. Thank you for calling me your favorite, for taking over as a father figure for the majority of my life. You've taught me so much. I have some wonderful memories with you, and I'm thankful for every one. I love you.

And with that, there is some happier news... Originally hubby was only going to take 2-3 days off work. The day I went in to deliver, possibly the day after, and the day I came home. Unless there were complications. I've been freaking out, because I'm a first time mom and I don't want to be all alone from the start. But now, he's been talking to the guys at work, and they all say that his company will give him a week off if he wants it. It would be without pay, but hubby gets a little more than a weeks worth of wages in his GI bill, and that will cover the week off. I really really hope the company is as forgiving as everyone says and will give him the week without question. So far it sounds like that's the direction they're leaning. I will be so happy to have hubby here with me for a whole week after our little girl makes her appearance! I'm really hoping I'll have her on a Friday, so I'll have 4 extra days (2 weeks of Sat/Sun) to spend with my family. But of course, I'm not banking on that... this little girl has her own agenda, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment