I got the idea from Ali, and the website http://www.marcandangel.com/2009/07/13/50-questions-that-will-free-your-mind/ I don't intend to finish them all now, but I figure it will be a good way to spend my lonely time until the baby comes...
1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
I would be somewhere around 35 and 40 I think. I have always been old for my age, but then again I certainly do not feel ready to have a baby.. in that aspect I feel like I'm about 18 and totally not ready for this huge life altering event...
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Never trying. I'd rather try and fail at something, learn from my mistakes and try again than never try at all.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Because we have to. You have to work whether you like it or not so that you have money to live with. And some things we may like, but not have the ability to do due to money restrictions or talent restrictions etc.
ha! Probably. But only because I tend to talk big but I don't usually mean what I say (like I'm gonna slap that b*tch!) lol
I'd like there to be no poverty so that no child has to go without fresh water, food or their parents b/c they died from disease..
Oh wow.. I have no idea... I honestly don't know if I'd rather work at a job or stay at home and be a mommy or do something else entirely. I think that's why it's taken me so long to decide "what I want to be when I grow up"..
for the most part right now I am doing what I believe in.. Going to school to further my education, doing the best I can by my baby girl. But even before that (and I am NOT judging anyone here) I waited to have kids till after I was married, which is something I believe strongly in. I am thankful that my mom taught me not only about abstinence but also about protecting myself if and when I chose to become intimate with my boyfriends. It saved me so much grief.
I would be doing a lot more, sleeping less and probably would have had several kids by now because I would have been pushing to get married sooner, lol.
I feel that I have controlled my life as much as possible. I had issues with being swayed by other's opinions when I was younger, and I'd like to think that now I am old enough and secure enough in my own ideas to take control. Then of course there are some things that I couldn't control.. dad's death being a major one.. I think God has his hand in every turn my life takes, sometimes he lets me drive but other times He's got His own plans...
For the most part I'm worried about doing the right things right. So both? LOL I want to do right by my family, my husband and baby. I want to do what's right for my little girl but in doing so I know that I'm going to screw up along the way. Like with discipline, there are so many ways doing something so right (correcting my child when she acts out) can go so wrong. But I'd rather be the parent who does everything she can to create a happy, healthy, functional member of society.
close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
Tell them that instead of projecting their criticism outward at my FRIEND, they should look at their own lives. People who feel they have to talk about others behind their backs are obviously not someone I need to look up to.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
To live life to its fullest. There's never a moment that shouldn't be cherished because life is too short even if it lasts 100 years...
To live life to its fullest. There's never a moment that shouldn't be cherished because life is too short even if it lasts 100 years...
Absolutely. Well, for my husband and baby girl, I would do anything short of something that could get me sent to death row... I think that I'd be more use to my family outside of prison..
Only at the art museum :)
Love. Everyone loves differently, that helps make us each unique.
Well, as I said we are all unique individuals. We have different hopes and dreams, we all love differently and live differently. Winning $1000 would make me extremely happy, but for someone who has hundreds of thousands of dollars winning $1000 might not even phase them.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Oh my gosh... finish the baby's room! I am lazy and sore and tired most days so it makes me not want to work on anything.. but well... I've got about 16 days to get my act together! lol
more later!!!!
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
- Why are you, you?
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
- What are you most grateful for?
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
- Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
- Has your greatest fear ever come true?
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
- If not now, then when?
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
- Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?

No comments:
Post a Comment