Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Thursday, December 20, 2012

RAD

Reactive Airway Disease. It's a term that's overused like colic. But apparently Abi has it. Whatever it is exactly. I've been Googleing and talking to my friends with kids who have it but I'm still in the dark about what exactly it is. I mean I know the definition, but what I want to know is what it means for me and my kid. That's all yet to be seen because we have to go through the trial and error of which meds help and such. Ugh. My poor baby. I hate seeing her sick, I hate having to medicate her because she's sick. I feel like I'm feeding her poison.. little bodies can't tolerate so much crap. I'm not stopping her meds, but I don't like giving them to her. I don't like taking medication myself. I don't know where I'm going with this... to be honest I just want it to all go away. Especially with Christmas coming...




By the way, what's the worst reason to not have more kids you've ever heard??? I'll explain this question later...

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh no! So sorry Britt :( Poor Abs & poor mama!!! I hope you guys (doctors included!) can figure out what works to combat this RAS - I had no idea RAS even existed until I googled it myself. I am envious that you guys will be staying home - hopefully Abi will be well enough to make some happy memories! <3 How sick is she & what kinda symptoms is she having?

    And I'm intrigued when it comes to the worst reason to not have more kids!!! Hmmm, I will have to think about how to answer that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She starts to have wheezing and breathing problems when she gets sick. Which makes the colds worse. We have to give her breathing treatments 2x a day for preventative measures, it sucks! But right now she's doing well, not sick anymore and no wheezing. Unfortunately she goes back to daycare next Monday so I'm sure that will change with all the other kids' germs. :(

      Delete