Saturday, June 9, 2012
Sleep
Everyone in the house is asleep.. but me. Snoopy, our cat is sleeping on top of the couch. Hubby and Abi are snoozing on the over sized chair and Abi is snoring. :) I on the other hand am not a napper no matter how tired I am (unless I have a headache) so here I sit blogging and doing some other random things before the chaos begins again. Abi has been cranky much of this week and I think it's because hubby has been working nights. It's been a while since I've been able to get her to take longer than a 30-40 min nap (except for this past Thursday when I was actually able to put her into her bassinet and she slept for an hour.. then woke up screaming because I was in the other room pumping..) I hope I'm able to break her of the need to be held during the day since she will be in daycare this fall... And I need to be able to get homework done. At this point I have not wanted to try to put her down too much. I figure there will be plenty of time that I won't be able to hold her so I should get my fill now while I can. Anyway back to the crabbiness.. hubby has been crabby lately too. Especially when he's got Abi and she's fussy. He's fine and wonderful when she's calm and chatty, but for some reason he's got less patience with her fussy. Not that he's mean to her or would ever EVER hurt her or anything, he just gets frustrated and you can hear it in his voice. And that frustrates me. But I try to let him figure out how to calm her because if I take her she will never get used to anyone else. I worry that she'll stop trusting us as it is when I am driving and she's screaming and no one can help her right away. Makes me want to cry with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I feel like I could have wrote this (aside from the no naps part I love naps)
ReplyDeleteMV also needs to be held a lot, it makes it difficult to do anything, and it sounds like my hubby is the same as yours. If you come up with solutions for either let me know lol;)
Happy weekend !
lol well all I can think of is to just keep trying to put our lil ones down when asleep and to stay nearby. But as far as hubby goes... I think we're outta luck on that front, lol!
Delete