Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

More naps...

Yet again hubby and Abi are in the other room napping.. this is the second night in a row Abi has gone down for a nap about 6pm.. yesterday she slept till 8:30 and was a lil fuss pot when it came to bed time. Let's hope tonight she gets up a lil earlier so she goes to bed at her normal time. I have class tomorrow so we actually have to get up earlier than normal and if tomorrow morning is anything like this morning was I'm not going to be getting any sleep. Abi started fussing around 5:15am and kept falling back asleep. When that happens I just leave her to fuss till she's sleeping again.. who wakes a *mostly* sleeping baby? lol But by 5:30 she was flinging arms and kicking legs so I got her up to change and feed her. She didn't go back down till about 6, at which point I went and pumped till 6:45. She was sound asleep when I got back into bed but by 7:15 she was up again. I got her up, changed and fed her.. put her back down around 7:30.. and she was up again at 8:10!! GRRR. But at that point it was mostly fussing and falling back to sleep so we both "cat napped" between the fussing until 9 when I finally decided I was getting no more sleep and pulled her into bed with me to talk and play until she got hungry again. I have to find a better way to swaddle her than just the blanket I'm using. She keeps wriggling free and batting herself in the face. She really sleeps much better on her belly. No I don't put her on her belly to sleep at night. But during the day when I can't put her down she likes to sleep over my shoulder/on her belly and is mostly fuss-free that way. It may be that it's because she's sleeping on me, and she's currently on her belly on daddy and is fine. In a way I can't wait until she's able to sleep in her crib in her room AND sleep however she wants. But then I keep thinking about how fast she's growing up already and I don't want her to grow up any faster than she already is! She's already holding her head up more (still a lil wobbly) and "talking" and smiling... All these wonderful milestones make me so proud and so sad at the same time. I'll never have another first smile from my first baby. Never see my first baby lift her head for the first time again... It's bad enough that I'm still having supply issues and have to supplement with formula ... still. That in it of itself makes me cry almost daily. I am getting better but I just can't help but feel inadequate as a mom. Tho hubby read on Yahoo that 85% of women who attempt breastfeeding give up by 3 months and Abi will be 12 weeks Friday and I haven't given up yet. I decided I will make it to Friday and then we'll see from there. I can't stand the thought of not giving her any breast milk after 3 months.. I had originally wanted to go until she started teething and biting.. or 6 months... I'd love to make it to a year but I don't see that happening. Anyway, before I make myself even sadder I'd better get back to the living room and check on my two loves.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.breastfeedingbasics.com/articles/breastfeeding-benefits-how-they-add-up

    Not sure if you've seen that info yet but it's so powerful! Just look at how much youve been able to give to your baby girl this far! You've given her as much as you can and you've been so dedicated!!! If BFing isn't working for you both then you have the peace of mind in knowing you went above and beyond for her! :) and in the long run, after the first year is over, I wonder - will it matter if our babies were breast fed or formula fed?

    ReplyDelete