Monday, September 12, 2011
Feeling lucky
So I'm not sure exactly how to count it.. by certain websites I am 13 weeks 2 days and still in my first trimester... by other websites I am 13 weeks 2 days and starting the second trimester.. and by one website I am 13 weeks 2 days but IN my 14th week and starting the second trimester. I looked it up and there is controversy as to when exactly each trimester starts. It all depends upon what method you use (fetal growth, LMP, or some other one I don't remember) Personally I like the idea of already being in the second trimester. It means we are that much closer to finding out if we are having a boy or a girl. I know in reality that I'm still only 13 weeks (2 days) so I'm no closer or farther from finding out the gender just because I consider myself in the second trimester as opposed to the first. But it makes me feel better. lol. Speaking of feeling better, I really haven't been feeling bad at all so far. No real morning sickness, thank God. Some queasiness .. a few food aversions but nothing major, some fatigue and sore bb's but again nothing major. I have been having cramping off and on since before I even conceived. Different kinds of cramps then and now of course. But my doc says that they'll likely come and go throughout my entire pregnancy. I understand what they are, my body is stretching in ways it hasn't had to before. They are still annoying and sometimes quite painful. Now I can't lay on my right side or on my back without getting cramps which really sucks because if I lay on my left for too long I get cramps in my hip (from the pressure) and my ear gets really sore. My doctor also suggested that sometimes the cramps may be from dehydration. Now this is a problem. Lately water has been tasting pretty gross to me. No matter how I drink it, in a glass with ice, from a cold water bottle, spring water, filtered water.. it doesn't matter it all tastes odd. I've tried brushing my teeth before drinking, not brushing my teeth before drinking it.. nothing seems to work. I wonder if it's just me or if this is an actual pregnancy symptom. Either way it makes me not want to drink water and that's bad! Of course I force myself, but I know I'm not drinking as much as I probably should be. Oh well.. at least I'm aware of it so that I can try to fix it. But yeah, so far those are the only real pregnancy symptoms I've had. I consider myself blessed to not have been sick every single day, really I do. I just wonder when I'm going to start feeling pregnant! LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I just tried some lemon slices, definitely a winner! Thanks for the idea! I don't know why I didn't think of it myself, lol. Preggo brain gets the better of me some days!
ReplyDelete