Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Monday, June 13, 2011

A restful stay [in] the hospital

Friday my grandpa was having a very hard time breathing. Bad enough he decided he needed to go to the er. So we took him. Apparently, congestive heart failure causes trouble breathing and low potassium which causes other problems.. like renal insufficiency. Not good. So they admitted him and kept him up until this evening. Now I love my grandfather like he was my father. He helped raise me from little on.. but the past month taking care of him has been hard on me and my husband. So this weekend away from grandpa was a much needed break. Grandpa got the medication he needed, and wonderful care at the hospital and hubby and I got to be loud and silly and relax at home.. or where ever it was we decided we wanted to go. I needed this break so badly. I am sorry that grandpa had to go to the hospital. BUT I had never heard of this hospital until he had rotator cuff surgery last month. The more experience I have with this hospital, the more I want to work there. The staff are wonderful! Everyone I've come into contact with has been super nice and taken lots of time with us to explain everything and answer all our questions with patience and kindness. I really hope I get the chance to work there someday.. Anyway, grandpa is on a very strict diet now, his fluids are restricted as well as his activity. This is not good, as he was already restricting his activities. I'm afraid if he just sits all day every day and does nothing... that he's going to fade away... and I don't want that. I miss my get-up-and-go grandpa.. the one who was always out and about, spending time at the local VFW with his buddies, or helping out with their fundraisers... but I guess those days are over now. So sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment