Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Friday, June 17, 2011

Bad luck bad day...

So the interview was a bust.. Among other things, there was a language barrier (manuals in French and German.. hubby only speaks English right now..) I don't know why on earth they interviewed him if they knew they needed someone with foreign language experience. Grr. To make things worse I can tell hubby is really bummed. So when he asked if we could go to his favorite sub joint for lunch I said sure. Well, now I've got to wait on a call from my mom b/c her gas got turned off and she's at work and can't meet the guy who's going to come turn it on. The gas company gives a 30 minute notice on when they'll be there, so I've got to run over to her house and let them in.. but this all means that we can't go to lunch b/c the sub joint is 30 min away... so it would be really bad if I get the call on the way there/back or while we're eating.. so hubby is bummed more about that.

To top off the day, I've got baby on the brain BIG TIME today. No job = no money = no insurance = no trying for baby yet. GRRRR. I need to get out of this house and concentrate on something else for like 3 months!

Edit: so I got this idea from a fellow blogger and nestie to throw ourselves a "pity party" last night. I wanted to cheer hubby up, so I went to the dollar store and got some Hawaiian/luau type stuff and decorated the front room with them. I also got some glow stick bracelets and two plastic wine goblets that have monkeys on them. We got Hawaiian pizza for dinner and played cards till it got dark enough to really see the glow sticks. Then we played ring toss for like two hours! In the dark! It was awesome! It ended up being a really fun, relaxing night! And just what we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment