Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Looks like something...

I'm about to do a happy dance, but I'm not willing to write why just yet. I don't want to jinx myself. So after a while, I will write again to tell you (whomever you may be) what I'm hoping to do a happy dance for.

So hubby has been really helpful lately, and that's great especially since grandpa has been excruciatingly frustrating! My mom came over Sunday, which you would think would be a big help.. not so much. I had another breakdown too. Mostly because my mom still doesn't listen to me. I asked her a simple question, she answered and I proceeded to tell her why I asked. I never asked her advice or for criticism, but she gave it anyway. Told me I shouldn't worry about my irregular cycles because I'm not supposed to be trying to get pregnant in our current situation. Well, no shit mom, I just want to figure things out so that when we do start trying we don't have to do a ton of waiting while we figure things out. She wouldn't even let me get that sentence out. Then she told me I should have had the irregular periods taken care of in high school. High school?!?! Are you kidding me? I went to the Dr. and got on birth control, I thought that WAS the fix for it.. how was I to know it was temporary... no one told me! So then mom found out that I'm no longer on the pill... can we say irrational response? I know I can! She flipped. Not kidding. Then I told her why I went off them, the price ($78!) She told me to go to the health dept. downtown. That's fine, if I want to have some strange guy check out my who-ha and no, I don't. Plus I don't want to lose my current Dr. She's awesome and I don't want to get bumped as a patient. I guess if I was really really serious about figuring out what's going on with my cycles I'd go to the health dept. But it's not helpful for my mother to flip out on me about it. Anyway, needless to say after this "motherly" conversation, I retreated to the basement to bawl my eyes out to hubby. Poor guy, it's the third time I've had to do that since April. While that might not seem like a lot, it is for me. I'm usually more calm and I especially don't like to cry in front of anyone. Even hubby. I just don't like being that vulnerable.

Anyway, the evening ended really well, despite the rough start. We all had dinner and sat at the table laughing and joking and speaking Spanglish.. I need the laughs and I'm really glad that I was able to let go of the hurt from earlier enough to sit and laugh and enjoy time with my family. And that's one thing that I can say for certain is something hubby has taught me. I knew I married him for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment