Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Friday, July 7, 2017

16 weeks (and 2 days!)

So here I am at a little over 16 weeks. The novelty has worn off a little on these early posts, but I do have some new information to blog! :) :)

How far along?: 16 weeks (and 2 days today!)

Total weight gain/loss?: I still don't know... I will update this after my OB appointment next week.

Maternity clothes?: I have some, but mostly I am wearing my usual t-shirts and yoga pants/shorts. A few of my normal shorts are starting to get too tight, so I'm on the look out for new ones. 

Stretch marks?:  I haven't seen any new ones in a while... :)

Sleep?: For the most part I am sleeping alright. I have had a few nights where I get woken up early and cannot go back to sleep, but mostly I am in bed by 10-10:30 and some nights I fall asleep in my chair by 8:30 or 9! LOL

Best moment this week?: Having hubby home of the Independence day so we could all spend family time together. 
**Although he did take a 2 hour nap.... which makes me a little grumpy. He's always napping, and honestly unless I'm pregnant I HATE naps with a passion. They are a waste of family time in my opinion. But I am still happy he was home! lol

Movement?: Yes still feeling movements, they are different now than they were when I first started feeling them (which is good b/c baby is bigger and higher in my tummy!) Baby doesn't like my bladder being full. Little gummy bear will kick it, hard to show displeasure at it being there! It's funny now.. I'm sure it won't be if it keeps up into the next few months!

Food cravings?: I can't say I've had a lot of cravings lately. I really really want some good tamales though! I'm able to eat more meat now, and I've noticed if I don't eat every 2 hours I start to get sick again. So that's fun, especially in the morning when I wake up not hungry at all and then by the time I'm leaving the house I'm ravenous and haven't had time to eat yet!

Anything make you queasy or sick?:  Meat still isn't my friend, but I'm able to eat more of it now. Some smells make me queasy but overall I think I'm passed that phase. Yay!

Have you started to show yet?: Just a little. Though because I was previously so fluffy, it's not noticeable to anyone but me and hubby.

Gender?: We will know tomorrow morning!!!

Size of baby: about the size of a avocado!

Labor signs: NO!

Wedding rings on/off?: on today thankfully..

Belly button in/out?: in

Happy or Moody?: Been getting a little moody now and then, but nothing like my first pregnancy. 

Looking forward to: Our 3D/4D ultrasound tomorrow when we will hopefully know if this little peanut is a boy or a girl! I'm voting boy, but hubby is convinced it's a girl. We shall see!

So since I am a sonographer I am perfectly capable of scanning myself and looking for the gender. However, hubby does not want me to do that. He agreed to us going to a private 3D/4D ultrasound place (where we have to pay!) to get a little sneak peek. Honestly, it's probably better this way because now I can just relax and let someone else do the work. So assuming little gummy bear cooperates, I plan to reveal gender at work on Wednesday next week (when I'll be 17 weeks.) and hopefully find something cute to do to reveal on Facebook to everyone else. I'm not sure what yet, but if baby won't show us the goods tomorrow, I'll have my anatomy scan on 7/31 so maybe we'll see what's up then. ;) 

Our 7th anniversary is coming up soon, and it's kind of cool that I was pregnant on our 1st anniversary and now our 7th. I do not plan to be pregnant on any other anniversaries. LOL. Hubby asked me what I wanted and I honestly had no idea what to say! So of course I said... Baby Stuff! hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment