Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Thursday, November 15, 2012

What a week(end)

So this past week has been pretty bad. Abi was sick, and I mean icky sick. She was super mucousy and was coughing a lot.. then she lost her appetite and finally every night from last Thursday till Sunday she threw up. Only at night, and only in one session. Mostly mucus, but also some of her solids from that day too. We had still been on peas, but switched to bananas on Sunday.. not good. She hasn't thrown up since Sunday, but is still not eating well. She's constipated because the Dr. has me giving her a soy formula instead of her regular stuff. The reason for this is Abi had some suspicious poops (thought there might be blood in them, so she thought there might be an infection) and the soy is supposedly easier to digest. I'm beginning to wonder if this Dr. is nuts because I thought easily digestible foods didn't constipate you. Grr. So Abi still isn't eating and of course is slightly dehydrated from not drinking enough, which just makes the constipation worse! She's acting like she's feeling better tho, which is good. But I know her tummy has to be bothering her. I've tried giving her a little white grape juice with water, but she hates it and only drinks a few sips. The Dr.'s office said to try pedalyte but I want to get rid of the darn white grape juice first, lol. (we bought organic, with the least amount of ingredients we could find, don't want it to go to waste!) Hopefully we can take her off of the soy formula tomorrow and get everything back to normal again!

No comments:

Post a Comment