Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Tiz The Season

Halloween is officially over. Which means pretty soon we will be inundated with Christmas music, decorations and products at all our favorite stores. I love this time of year, and I am even more excited for this year because it will be Abi's first holiday season. That being said, my husband is being a total grinch for some reason. He's never been one for holidays, but this year is pretty bad. He's excited (or says he is) that we get to celebrate Abi's first holidays, but every time I say anything to the effect of "Oh, look at the pretty lights" or wrapping paper or anything holiday related he goes "bleh" or "blah" or something similar. REALLY?!?!? I'm all about if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut. And he used to be too. But this is getting pretty sad. Hubby doesn't like people. Well, I don't generally like the "public" but that's because I worked customer service for many years. Anyway, he doesn't like getting together with family for the holidays (or any other time really)... My mom's side of the family is messed up, bad. And hubby doesn't want to have anything to do with them. At all. Which puts me in the middle. So I'll be going to that side's Christmas party with Abi and not hubby. Which will prompt the questions "where's your husband?" all night. Lovely. But I can handle that if it makes him happy. Then my dad's side of the family, whom my husband actually likes, will want to do something and he said he wasn't even looking forward to that. Why? Because it involves people outside of our little family unit, talking small talk and I guess keeping him away from his "free time". Yes friends, my husband has free time. When do I get a break? The 20 minute naps Abi has reverted to. Once or twice a day. No longer are we taking lovely long hour naps. Ugh. Ahhh, anyway I'm not getting into what else is going on right now... but I just feel like crap lately and part if it is my husbands poor attitude. And it's not just the holidays it's everything. He's not terribly helpful with Abi, and gets frustrated when asked to help. I don't know what's going on but I feel like some days he's not the man I married. Which makes me wonder if he was putting on a front until now. .. I don't know. Maybe it's just pms, maybe I'm over thinking things. I hope that's all there is to it.

1 comment:

  1. My husband has been in a similar mood lately as well. I think it's due to his lack of employment, it's getting him in a funk.
    Is there something maybe that's bugging your hubby?
    Try not to over think things (easier said than done) <3

    ReplyDelete