Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

7 month update

Abi turned 7 months old yesterday! How time flies! She'll be one before I know it and that makes me both happy and sad. Sad because I don't want my baby to grow up so fast, but happy because she'll be doing more and playing more and I'm sure she will be oh so much more fun! Every day is a challenge that I gratefully accept. I am painfully aware lately (especially since it is pregnancy loss awareness/remembrance month) of those less fortunate than we are.. who have lost babies, some before ever meeting them and what I would consider worse.. losing a baby after getting to hold them. Anyway, before I start to cry... This is what Abi has been up to!

Sleep: Sleeping is mostly through the night, unless she is sick and coughs herself awake. She sleeps mostly form 7p to 7a, however, the past few days she's been getting up at 5 or 5:30a and it drives me insane! lol. The two days prior to that she got up at 1a and the next day at 2:30a to eat, but was good about going back to sleep. Thankfully she's been self soothing at night so I really don't have to go in too often. Nap time is another story altogether. She is terribly inconsistent with naps, especially at daycare.

Eats: we're back to six 4oz bottles a day, for about the past 3 weeks she's been eating every hour to hour and a half, 4oz the first bottle then 2oz then back to 4oz.. she was up to 30 or so oz a day, which is unusual for her. I'm thinking major growth spurt! I have tried giving her 6oz bottles and she'll only take 4oz so I just follow her lead to avoid wasting anything. She is also on solids once a day (which we will be increasing soon!) Here are the things she's tried so far; avocado, sweet potato and acorn squash! She loves the avocado and sweet potato plain, but only likes the squash so-so... but with cinnamon? She'll tear it up! LOL We are two weeks behind in introducing new foods because at 6 months she was sick so we waited an extra week, then I made a ton of avocado and froze it, only to find out that our freezer zip-lock type bags are not the greatest for long term. So we spent another week on avocado to use it all up. We're not sure what's next, I'm thinking carrots or another type of squash. We got the squash at a local farm for 75 cents! Can't beat the freshness or the price!

Play: Abi loves to jump in her jumper, but is in between sizes. So her feet are flat on the floor at the 1st level, but when we raise it to the 2nd level she's barely tip-toe touching. Ah well... she'll grow into it fast enough! She also loves to chew on everything she can get her hands on! We have a small canvas box in her pack and play to hold all her toys/diapers/creams etc and she loves to roll over to it and dump it out (then chew on a corner, lol) I'm so proud of her because sometimes it's pretty heavy (like when I forget to remove the cream so she doesn't try to play with that.) Abi still hates tummy time, but is getting a little better if we distract her. She's starting to sit up unassisted, but only for a little while and I have to be behind her to catch her. But she's getting there! She also loves to hold the books we read to her, and tries to gum them as well!

Other: Abi has been going through some serious separation anxiety. She won't let me get two feet from her at daycare before she starts crying. It makes me feel like the scum of the earth to leave her there.. but I'm going to school for her, to make a better living for our family so that we can give her the best we can afford. We are looking for a nanny though. Abi just isn't jiving with the daycare scene.

We went to Abi's first pumpkin patch a few weekends ago!

Abi picked out her own pumpkin! 

I can't wait to have a house so we can get one of the BIG pumpkins for Abi to carve. I had one once and I loved it!
Here's one of my favorite shots from Abi's 6 month photo shoot. She's so inquisitive!

And my little girl on her tummy and actually smiling!

That's all I can think of for now, I will probably write again later once I think of more! Also, Pinspiration Sunday will be back again probably at the middle of December. I just haven't had the time to find anything to make or the time to make it!

4 comments:

  1. she is just too cute!! They grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 7 months!!! I love her pictures she's so adorable!
    Separation anxiety sucks :( I find MV is better if he doesn't see me leave. hopefully finding a nanny will help. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've tried leaving her secretly, but it just delays the crying until she realizes I'm gone (usually before I hit the outer door..) I hate hearing my baby cry from across the daycare (they are in an "infant" room which is totally separate from everything and waaay on the far end from the front door)UGH! there are times when I wish she would hurry up through this phase, then I stop and think "well, gee.. do I really want her to not want her mommy anymore?" The answer is no!!! LOL

      Delete