Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Carrots!

So yesterday we decided to try carrots. Hubby got a nice big bag of regular sized carrots and I went to work scrubbing, peeling, slicing and baking them (yes, apparently if you bake them instead of steam they 1. steam in their own juices in the foil and 2. become even sweeter and delicious!) Once they were steamed and cooled I got out my trusty Bullet blender. Which I haven't used in two years, lol. Pureeing was a little difficult but I finally got the hang of it right around the time Abi got used to hearing the scary loud noise the Bullet makes. So we got all pureed and I set aside a portion for her lunch and froze the rest. I should have washed everything right away but was too excited to see Abi try her first carrots, so now my Bullet cup is stained orange. Yes, bright halloween orange. lol. Oh well. We set Abi up and I was so sure she would take to the carrots just like she's taken to everything else.. not so much. She ate it, but I really don't think she like it much. As it cooled (because I always try warming things up first, even tho I know she likes her food cooler) she took to it a little better. But I think I need to get more avocado for her second daily meals. That way she'll have something she really likes at least once a day.
Is it just me or does everyone not realize that carrots stain so badly? Her spoon is stained, her bib and the wash cloth are stained even tho I rinsed and washed them very shortly after lunch. I'm surprised her skin isn't stained! Oh... and the poopy. Orange. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment