Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Thursday, March 15, 2012

A trip to labor and delivery..

Took a trip to labor and delivery today.. I had not really felt baby alllll day. A few little pops here and there but nothing like her normal movement and no where near as frequent. Yes I know that she's running out of room but just yesterday she was movin' and groovin' and the difference in not even 24 hours was scaring me. I tried ice cold water and laying on my left side.. nothing. I ate lunch.. nothing. So I called my dr and since it was later in the day she was almost ready to leave so they told me if I was concerned to go into L&D. Better safe than sorry for sure! I waited a little while till hubby got home from work (was only about 30 more min) and while I waited I packed his hospital bag and added a few last minute things to mine. Just in case. We got there, I got hooked up to the monitors and about 10 minutes later she stared moving more like herself. Thank GOD. But as I'm laying there they had a blood pressure cuff on me and my bp was high. Really high for me. So I asked them about it and they decided that since it was looking high they were going to keep monitoring it for a while. It got up to 140/94 and I freaked a little. But it was all over the place and the on call dr from my dr's practice decided that since it was lower more often than higher (still high for me) they were going to let me go. I have an apt with my dr. tomorrow anyway so I'm sure we will be talking about it. I don't have any other signs of preeclampsia so they weren't tooooo worried. I'm glad I went in, it gave me peace of mind... I thought I was going to feel stupid, but I think I'd have felt much worse if I didn't go in and there was really something wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment