Monday, March 19, 2012
Officially over due
Today I am 40+2, officially over due. I'm not as upset as I thought I would be. I'm scared to give birth, so I guess that waiting a few more days to do it isn't such a bad thing.. but I'm also scared to become a mother... like really scared. So putting that off a few more days isn't a bad thing either. lol. I know that eventually things will fall into place, I will start to learn my baby's cues and be able to respond appropriately to them. I will make diaper changes look easy. Breastfeeding remains to be seen as I know some women simply are not able to, but I plan to try and try and try and breastfeed as long as I possibly can. In the beginning... I don't think I'll feel this way. I think I'll be sleep deprived and scared and worry over every little thing. I think I'll cry a lot and be even more scared when hubby goes back to work. I'm so glad he's able to take off a whole week from work to be with us.. as opposed to his original 2 days. I wish we were wealthy so that we could both stay home as long as we'd like with our little girl. I'm sure hubby feels the same way. Anyway, it looks like I'll be getting induced either Thursday or Friday. I have an appointment with my Dr. tomorrow to hash out the details. I can't believe that a week from now I'll be home with a little baby.. it's crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I felt the same way before I had my baby, I was petrified of being a mom. But once the baby came, those fears melted away. It comes more nature than you think it will. And breastfeeding is really hard, but totally worth it. I've had some struggles with it, but keeping to it. Hopefully you'll have success with breastfeeding! Good luck with the baby coming soon :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! I really hope everything comes naturally for me! I'm an only child and have never really been around babies my whole life so I'm extremely "green" when it comes to them! And congrats on sticking to your guns and continuing to breastfeed even with the struggles! :)
DeleteMan, your body goes through so much once you go into labor that (at least for me), you don't even have time to be scared!!! You are just focused so hard on getting through the current contraction and even just getting through the current phase of labor that you won't be worried about much of anything! Like you said, eventually, it will all fall into place for you one way or another and I can't WAIT to hear how it goes for you!!! And with BF'ing, I just think everyday that the WORST case scenario is that it wouldn't work out and you have to go to formula feeding. It may not be what anyone has in mind, but they structure formula so it will be as healthy as possible for baby! That's what I keep telling myself in case BF'ing doesn't work out throughout the entire first year. Anyhoot, GOOD LUCK and have a wonderful week!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete