So while I've been having an awful week, I sat back and tried to remind myself of my blessings.. I have 2 friends who have children with disabilities, rare ones. So far my baby is looking "structurally sound" and we have no reason to think there's anything wrong with her. I am so grateful for that! Some friends of ours just had their son at 37 weeks.. he only has one full arm, the other only developed to the elbow, there's either a missing kidney or a small/dysfunctional one (not sure I haven't heard back on the full details yet) and his intestines were protruding from his abdomen. Then when I asked how everything had gone with the delivery we were told there was more problems and that the baby was in the NICU undergoing more tests. We haven't heard anymore from our friends. I am so scared for them.. at about 15 weeks they thought they were going to lose him because of the abnormalities they had found. Their doctors thought the baby had Trisomy 18, which is very bad and usually results in a painful few days of life outside the womb followed by death. IF the baby makes it to delivery. Thankfully, that was not the case.. but now there's "more problems" and more tests.. I hope their little man is going to be okay, and even tho they aren't religious I pray for them every day. I figure it can't hurt.
I am so blessed that we didn't find anything wrong with our little one. Granted, we did not have any of the genetic tests done.. but there have been no indicators of a problem. And that's good enough for me for now. At least enough to count it as a blessing. I just hope my friends little blessing gets better and can go home soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment