Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

issues..

So there comes a time when being ignorant is such a blessing.. but then when you see the truth, or are on a path to finding the truth, and it becomes terrifying. Let me preface this with a TMI warning, it deals with girly things so I'll understand if you don't want to continue on...

I have had irregular cycles my entire life. Even when I was thin. i remember once in high school I went 180 days then 188 days between periods. I was a healthy weight, eating okay, excercising etc. Also not pregnant. They aren't always that spaced out, and after having Abi they were pretty regular until i had the IUD placed (at which point all I did was bleed/spot) So after having my IUD removed, I found it refreshing to only have a period once a month. But, that only happend twice.. then nothing. From December 11th until April 11th. That's a long time! And we weren't "trying" for a baby, so it didn't bother me as much. But now we've decided to actually try .. and there's a problem. If I'm not ovulating, there won't be a chance to have that baby. Today I went to my Dr and she had me get some blood work done to make sure my hormones are within normal limits. If they are, I'll be starting Clomid. I am not looking forward to either things, but the Clomid would be better than a totally messed up hormonal panel. Because I don't know what would happen at that point, as we didn't even discuss it. So now I wait for a phone call to tell me potentially what my next step is. I'm on CD 11, and things are looking promising.. but I'm not holding my breath. Not yet. I never thought as a teenager or even young adult that I should get things checked out then (hormones etc) to figure out my ireegular cycles. I just went on birth control and that "fixed" it. But now.. now I'm wishing I had gotten all that taken care of ages ago because I'm so much older.. and there's a ticking clock because baby or not, at 35 I am done. After 35 you become high risk, advanced maternal age.. increased Downs risk... nope, sorry, not gonna roll those dice. If I can try to prevent it, I will. So if there's no baby by then, I'm hoping hubby will be open to adoption. I'm not even sure how on board he is with all this.. HIs attitude is "well, we already have one. So at least we have one." And that's not how I'm looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment