Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Thursday, April 23, 2015

I Had a Feeling

So ever since hubby and I decided we were going to try for another baby, I had this feeling something was wrong. Hubby said he was on board, but then I went to the dr... since my cycles are so wonky, my dr wants to put me on Clomid to help me ovulate and when I told hubby that, things got weird. I had a feeling he wasn't too fond of the idea, and tonight he finally came clean. He says that since we were able to get pregnant before, there's no reason to go on medication. And not only that, he thinks that once we have a second kid, we will wish we only had one again.. that it will be a huge mistake to have another one. Wait, what!!?!?!? Yet he says that he's still on board with having another baby, he's just not as excited as I am. I am at a loss. I explained why the medication was something I wanted to go forward with. That it will increase our chances of getting pregnant sooner (afterall if I only ovulate every 3 or 4 months that's only 3 or 4 chances a YEAR to get pregnant, and I don't like those odds) then he throws in my face that I didn't want to go on hormonal birth control, but I'll take clomid to get pregnant. So I explained how taking a hormone 3 our of every 4 weeks for years on end is entirely different from taking a hormone for 5 days every month for a maximum of 6 months. Very different. I get the feeling he doesn't want to do this, that once I'm on meds and I know I'm ovulating he's going to give me a bunch of excuses on why we can't have sex right then. Because I don't think he really wants another baby, even though he says he's "on board with trying"... that's not the same thing as wanting another kid. He's got me a little confused and now I'm not quite sure what to do. I know what I want, but I'm not sure I want to put the stress on our relationship of trying/wanting/pushing for another baby when hubby doesn't really want one. He said he'll never "want more kids" the way I do and I'm wondering if he really means he doesn't want more. Period. When we first got together we both expressed a desire to have 2 to 4 kids. I know people change and ideals and opinions change, but dang if I had known back then that he wouldn't even want 2....I don't know... maybe I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up. I don't know what to think right now.  I can't force him, I wouldn't want to anyway. But if we have another baby, one he doesn't really want.. he's going to be even less involved than he is now. (part of that is that he's the main provider for the family and he works a lot..) but I am going to need his help so much more than ever and I just wonder if his heart isn't in it now.. if it will ever change, even after the baby is born. I had an epihany earlier and I hesitate to put this out into the universe, but... my husband kind of puts a damper on all of my excitements. Anything I get excited over, he has to tell me something bad about it. I never really realized it but he's a very negative person. Well, I'm sure I knew it deep down, but I don't think I put a true name to it. He's majorly pessimistic when it comes to a lot of things. So he's only thinking about all the negatives of having another baby. More money, more worry, more poop, more diapers, less free time, the kids won't play together, he doesn't want a boy (because he was a very bad kid and he's afraid our boy would be just like him) if we have a boy he and Abi will never play together, and on and on and on with the negativity. I was always told I was a very negative person, but geeze-o-man my husband takes the prize for most negative. I hate thinking about him that way, because I truly do love my hubby and I know he loves me too. It's hard to change a bad habit that is so ingrained, and I know that. But I just wish I knew what to do next...

No comments:

Post a Comment