Thursday I was emailed by the supervisor of a sonography department in one of our major hospitals. I had interviewed there back in September, but since he hadn't received the "go ahead" to hire anyone (he'd jumped the gun in interviewing anyone) I didn't get the job. But this time he has the all clear to hire and he thought of me first! So I sent my application and am keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get called to come in to meet with HR and sign paperwork!
Then today I get a message from a classmate that her place of employment is hiring. She gave me the email of the hiring manager and told me that they are getting tired of their contingents not responding to call. So I'll be on call.. a lot of the time I'm working. But it's a job! So I sent her my resume and I'm keeping my fingers crossed here too (I'll take 2 contingent jobs over nothing at all!) I'm really excited about these opportunities especially since I've only been volunteering until now. There really hasn't been a lot of job opportunities the past few months. ..
Today is my birthday. I feel old, lol. I don't want to be a downer on my birthday so I went and got a massage for the first time since 2007. It was so nice and relaxing (except that the massage therapist talked the whole time!!) But she was still very good and I feel like a new woman. When I start working and build up some extra money I'm going to try to get a massage at least once a month. Dreamin' I know! LOL

No comments:
Post a Comment