There are times when I feel overwhelmed and am so stressed out that I can't even think straight...
Those times when the laundry needs to be washed/dried/folded/put away and I haven't got the energy...
Times when dishes need to be washed because they're piling up in the sink.. again..
When Abi is sick for the third time in a month of back to back to back colds..
Times when I am so angry and frustrated at my husband for all those little things that I let build up without telling him and letting them go...
When I yell at Abi to stop doing something, or start doing something or to just listen to me, and the guilt just eats me alive...
When I feel the lack of my friendships that have been long neglected, or just remember that I have no one to help us.. no friends, no healthy family... we are it...
When I think of all the things I could have done with Abi today, the brain building activities and other super mom fun things I should be doing with her...
Those times when I just cannot get motivated, and then feel like the worst mother and wife in the world...
When it feels like there isn't enough of me to go around.. my husband needs me, my daughter needs me, my mother can't take care of her business and her husband is just wasting money...
In those times I begin to wonder... am I enough? Am I good enough, strong enough, kind enough... smart enough? Can I break the barriers to living a fulfilled life? Am I doing all I can for Abi? Am I neglecting my marriage by being too engrossed in being a mom? Can I find a way to be happy in my current situation so that I can be enough for my family? How do I get rid of the guilt of leaving my baby in daycare to go to school for something that I now can't get a job doing. Is being a stay at home mom all I'm really destined to do? I feel horrible, but I don't want to be home all the time.. it isn't enough for me, I want more. But right now I'm so down on myself, and there's no open positions anywhere... so I'm reduced to applying for seasonal retail work... I don't want to work retail but I need an income... any income... so that I can feel like enough.

No comments:
Post a Comment