Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Friday, March 29, 2013

Better late than never!

Well, I decided to hold off on Abi's 12 month post until her 12 month check up today. She's growing right on track! Here are her specs lol;

Height: 30 1/4 inches tall! 90th percentile for height!
Weight: 19 lbs 11.8 oz about 55%
Wearing: 12 month onsies and pants with a few 18 month things thrown in. Oh and size 2 shoes! We just got a windfall from a friend of mine, 3 boxes of 18 month summer stuff! I am so excited and grateful for her generosity!
Abi has 4 teeth, the two bottom middle and two upper canines. The front upper two are working their way out and we hope to see them soon!
She was taking really good naps, at least 2 a day, but when we mess with her schedule even a little... everything is thrown off. Yesterday she took a 25 minute nap at daycare and that was it! Needless to say she went to bed early and had a terrible night. So right now I'm trying to get her down for her second nap.. she took about an hour after her dr appointment but she's still so tired! She's been in her crib talking/whining for about 10 minutes (no crying or I'd have been in there!) I'm thinking I'll give her a few more minutes before I go in and try something else to get her to sleep. I'm really trying to get her to put herself to sleep these days, but it's hard for both of us. On my end, I miss rocking her to sleep and cuddling my lil baby... on her end she's so aware and wants to play all the time she just can't seem to relax some nights. Sometimes I can rock her for an hour (exaggeration) and she will barely blink. Other times she's knocked out cold after her bottle. The past two days have been super rough. Today she took an hour nap... still not enough so about 4:30 (after she refused her second nap vehemently) she started getting grumpy and tired and I knew I was in for trouble. Just like last night I had to put her to bed early and I really hate doing that because then she wakes up at the crack of dawn. Ugh. But when she's rested and in a good mood she's super fun and oh so cute! Like today I was brushing her teeth and I sit her up on the bathroom sink so she can watch in the mirror. Well I took off her socks to dip her feet in the water from the faucet (to distract her from being tired) and she put one sock in her mouth, looked at herself in the mirror and started humming and bouncing. It was too funny! She got a kick out of it too, the little comedian!
Abi is cruising all over the place lately and will walk while holding our fingers, she practically begs us to "walk her" lol. Hmmm.. I don't remember what else is new at the moment because I'm fairly exhausted from last night. I think I ought to go to bed now and get up after the first round of cries (which I'm sure will come around 1 like last night) and do homework or something. Bed now sounds good... zzzzzzz Oh yeah, some pictures of my sweet little one year old!

Can't you just hear her giggling!?!?

Signing "more"!!

"what chu doin' daddy?"



She reallllly wanted us to open this so she could play with it right away!

Getting tired after all the excitement!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated birthday Abi! What a big girl you have become! :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete