Oh my gosh, I feel awful for not truly writing for so long! However, I have been super busy with school and Abi has been sick and it's just been a crazy few weeks. Here's what I've been doing:
School is much harder than I ever thought it would be. Sonography (ultrasound) is very interesting, however, physics is VERY hard! And my teacher is the type who thinks everyone gets it the first time around and that she doesn't need to explain things differently. Not the way I learn at all. I have to read, see, explain, do, write.. basically all my senses have to be engaged for me to get a topic. That's not so easy with ideas that you have to build upon. I am a linear thinker I guess you could say.. I'm great with anatomy, because that doesn't change. It basically always is what it is. Unless you have an anomaly like me (two of my arteries come off of my aorta in the same spot, highly unusual from what I understand) anyway... it's hard. We have a test on Monday and I'm mildly freaked out. Mainly because my teacher doesn't give us what we need to know, she says instead "know chapters 1-4." She gave us a study guide but added that it was not all inclusive. YIKES! lol Okay enough about that.
Abi got sick a few days before hubby's grandparents came into town. It started off as a super stuffed up nose and she must have been achy because you could just look at her and tell she didn't feel well. I let her nap on me a few times that weekend (weekend of 9/1) because I just couldn't put my poor sick baby down. She had good moments and bad moments for a few days, and then the cough started. It seems she's like me when she gets sick. It starts as a head cold and then moves into a chest cold. Poor baby. So while she started to be able to breathe better, she was coughing a lot and it kept her from sleeping for a while. Eventually she could have a coughing fit and go right back to sleep, but again you could just tell she wasn't feeling well. She has had nights of awesome 7p-7a sleep, and then after a few nights of that she'll wake up every hour from 7p-12a and then every 2-3 hours after that. It hasn't been the "oh I'm awake, guess I'll talk to myself for a bit" kind of waking.. no it's the "scream till I'm picked up" kind of waking. That had gone on until just recently. Her cough is finally starting to break up (it's a little phlemy but sounding better) and she seems to be back into her sleeping 7-7... it's a wonder week this week though, so we'll see if that lasts. I'm hoping she's through the worst of it and we will be able to finally move on. Poor kid always seems to go through some sort of cold along with a growth spurt during a wonder week! (*If you have never heard of a wonder week, you can check it out here thewonderweeks) She also doesn't nap very well these days and has been waking up the moment anyone sets her down. While she is sleeping through the night, she still needs her naps and since she's not getting them, she's a little cranky! It's the worst at daycare because they can't spend the time I can to get her down and stay down for a while. I get her used to going down again by Sunday and it's all out the window come Monday because of daycare. I hate daycare. But that's for another post. Well, looks like my 20 minute window has ended and little miss is up from her nap. I hope I haven't rambled on incoherently! :)

Poor Abi! Sounds like she's had quite the rough time (and you too!) Hope she's felling better soon <3
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your test
Thanks! I got a B! :) :) And Abi is over her cold finally.. though I don't know about the feeling better.. :(
Delete