I think I've got a post from a while back with a similar title.. but boy oh boy is it true that when it rains it pours! We've been having trouble with our washer for a while and it finally started making some noises we couldn't ignore, so our clothes have been piling up because it's taking forever for the appliance maintenance guy to get here (we live in an apartment). Then last night Abi had a horrible nights sleep, she woke every hour from 7-2:30 then woke again at 6 and again at 7:20. She wasn't screaming but she didn't do her regular "talk to herself and fall back to sleep" either. She wouldn't go down without a fight and/or a bottle. Which is so weird because for the past 2 weeks I haven't had to feed her in the middle of the night. So of course since today is my husbands 16 hour work day I took the entire night shift. Needless to say I'm a little sleep deprived and coffee isn't helping. Then at 5:45 when my hubby was leaving for work, his car wouldn't start. He had to come in, wake me up to tell me he was taking my car to work and that he needed me to call for repairs on his car. Mind you he just got new breaks and we are less than a year out from major repairs on both of our cars. So he takes my car, leaves me the stroller but not the carseat base (which I would need if I had an emergency and had to borrow a car...) but an emergency with Abi will just mean a 911 call. Anyway... the tow truck guy said he thinks the ignition switch is broke. Great. At least our insurance covers the tow. So then as the tow truck guy is loading the car onto his truck the appliance repair guy shows up... in the middle of me trying to put Abi down for her first nap. Which she needs desperately. So of course he's turning the washer and dryer (combo unit) on and off to try to figure out where the noise is coming from, which is keeping Abi from sleeping. Turns out it's something stupid that we could have fixed ourselves (some cap was loose. Go figure, lol.) He did find $20 in the bottom of the washer when he unscrewed the front. Total bonus! By the time he leaves Abi is too wound up to nap, but is so crabby from not sleeping well that I can't do much with her. She doesn't want to play or read or be on the floor or be held. So less than an hour after her first bottle I decided to try to give her a few more oz to see if that will help her fall asleep and it worked! Thank goodness. She has woken up twice from her nap but I've been able to put her back to sleep with some patting and shush-ing. I know it doesn't seem like such a terrible day, but for all this to happen so early after a sleepless night? And for it to be my husbands long day.. he won't get home until midnight. On the bright side at least I didn't have school today. That would have been awful. Hopefully we will get his car back tonight so he can go to work and I can go to school tomorrow. I have a very important test tomorrow, but if I had to choose hubby missing out on a day of money making (especially since today gives him over time) or me missing my test... I'd have to miss my test. And I don't think they allow us to test after the fact unless we are in the hospital. Ugh.
Okay focus on the positives of today so far... We are $20 richer! lol and Abi is currently going on about 45 minuets of sleeping (with a few wakeful minutes in between.) I still had creamer for my coffee this morning, always a plus. The weather is beautiful right now, nice and chilly so we don't to have on the air or the heat!
And for more positives.. here are a few pics of my little sweetie!



No comments:
Post a Comment