Today marks 6 months from the first day we met our little angel. It has sure been one heck of a ride! I fall more and more in love with my little girl every day, she's just such an amazing addition to our family. So here's the rundown on what miss Abi has been up to:
She's sick.... again. I'll be calling her dr Monday since she really didn't have a break between colds. No fever, no croup cough but a miserable baby with a stuffy nose and cough mostly when she's trying to sleep is not good.
Abi has rolling from tummy to back down really well! So well in fact that she rarely stays on her tummy at all when I put her there. I believe she will walk before she crawls! lol
She still puts everything in her mouth, and is very content to chew or suck on her fingers and toes. She has been sucking on her toes through her socks and recently has started pulling them off and chewing on them. I still don't see any signs of teeth yet, though the drool is getting worse.
Abi has taken a two hour nap every day this weekend (she's going on an hour today... fingers crossed) I'm hoping this trend continues after she's no longer sick. A two or two and a half hour nap midday is soooo much better than 4 or 5 twenty minute naps!
I don't officially know how much Abi weighs or how long she is. I wont know until her 6 month apt in about 2 weeks. But i weighed her here and I'm certain she's over 15.5 lbs. My best guess on her height is 27 inches. She's pretty long tho!
It looks like Abi has finally taken to her carseat. She no longer screams in the car at red lights, and if we drive for longer than 20 minutes, most days she'll fall asleep.
She's not yet sitting up on her own, although she has great head and neck control. She will sit up very well when someone is holding her. We were going to start solids today to celebrate her 6 month birthday but since she is sick we've decided to wait.
Hmmm what else... oh Abi is a groaner. Instead of the consonant sounds she makes groaning or grunting sounds. This evolved from a moaning sound (think zombie or mummy.. aaahhhhhh brains...) now it's more of an "oooohhh oooohhhh.. uuuhhhhh" It's hard to explain. I hope she starts picking up on the consonant sounds soon... I think that's it for now. I'll post some pics later!
:side note: I have reached my goal of giving Abi as much breast milk as I can for 6 months! Originally it was to exclusively breastfeed for 6 months, but that went out the window a while back. I didn't give up, through all the difficulties and rough spots... even though I really wanted to quit sometimes, and am currently exclusively pumping, I am still giving her everything I can. It's not enough, but it's better than nothing.

Happy 6 months to Abi!
ReplyDelete