Saturday, May 21, 2011
Slowly slipping...
So hubby is acting a little depressed lately. I'm sure it has to do with him not having a job. It's only been a few weeks since he graduated, but he's told me that it's really getting on his nerves. He's applied for a handful of places that will utilize his degree, even had an interview. That was two weeks ago. He wants to use his degree and I don't blame him for that.. but... while he says he just wants to be working, he hasn't applied for other jobs that he's qualified for. He says that if they don't use his degree, they are a last resort for him. Well, my feelings on that? You can't have it both ways. Either you want to be working so bad you apply for everything and take whatever you can get, or you don't want to work THAT badly and just apply for select jobs that utilize your recent degree. Now, I'm not saying that hubby is lazy. But if he's going to get all depressed about not having a job or any money coming in, then he needs to bite the bullet and take any job that will employ him right now. He doesn't want to work at a go nowhere job, and I totally understand that! But if he thinks we can afford to wait months more for him to start working, he's got another thing coming. We've got to start saving for a house. And he says that I don't have to work while I'm going to school, which is fine because I do still have UEC coming in. But even that isn't going to last me through another year of school, let alone two. And it sure as hell isn't enough to pay the bills we do have AND save for a house. So I'm looking for work now too. Tho, now that I am my grandfather's primary care giver, I'm not going to be able to go to school and work AND take care of grandpa. Argh. I really hate not having any money.. and hubby feels the same way. But really? If he's that upset about it.. I wish he'd start applying for other work. Just to start getting some money coming in. And I'm sure he'd feel better once he started working. I know I will feel better once I'm able to start working again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment