So the past couple of days have been pretty rough for me. To say that I've been going through mood swings is an understatement. I'm sick and tired of feeling this way, but I really don't know how to kick it. I'm tired, literally, from getting up twice a night to help grandpa to the bathroom. I have a hard time falling back to sleep after I've been up, so I really don't get as much sleep as I need. Coffee can only do so much, since more that one cup a day gives me heartburn. Besides I know I shouldn't drink a ton of coffee anyway. Especially since we are supposed to be trying for a baby in the next few months. Speaking of, I think that's at the root of my moods lately. I'm constantly bombarded by images, facebook statuses, friends pictures, commercials and so many other baby related things that all I can do is think about the fact that we aren't in a place to start trying. And once we are ready, we may have trouble... which really depresses me since I can't go to the doctor to find out what's (possibly) going on. It's just all too stressful, and I know I'm supposed to try to relax and not stress out.. but there's just too much going on in my life right now to not stress out. A vicious cycle is what it is! Not to mention that all this stress makes me want to eat, and I'm supposed to be on weight watchers. So I eat a little more than I should, which translates into less weight loss if any. I know I need to exercise more but right now grandpa is sitting in a chair directly in front of our elliptical and that makes me not want to work out. :( Plus with all the darn rain we've been having we can't go bike riding. Which would be very nice to do because not only would if provide exercise it would give me a chance to get out of this house! grr.
But, on the bright side; my husband loves me. He noticed today that I've been in a funk lately and felt that I needed cheering up. So, he braved the rain and went to buy me flowers. They're bright and cheery and just what the Dr. ordered to provide a little pick me up today. A beautiful reminder that my husband does love me. We also got the chance to get out and do a little shopping (tho it was for grandpa) and we got to have dinner at one of our favorite places. So today wasn't too terribly bad, not really. Grandpa is a little frustrating, but I know he's upset that he can't do more around here.
I guess I'm just tired... maybe we'll go to bed early tonight.

No comments:
Post a Comment