Phew! It's been an uphill battle, but I've finally lost 25lbs! This and an appointment with my favorite OB/GYN yesterday has given me renewed motivation to keep pushing through the struggles and make this diet program work for me. It is so hard though!
Let me tell you about yesterday. I went to my OB/GYN because I wanted to discuss some very irregular issues I've been having. More strange than even before... and it turned into a 30 minute discussion about doing things to make myself feel better, gentle guidance towards losing weight and how that will positively effect my fertility. Then we ended with a plan for a new medication to help ovulation and if that doesn't work, she's going to give me an ultrasound (which I told her what we'd see... since I've scanned myself, lol.. but of course it needs to be official) and go from there. She's even offered at that point to do the injections to help aid in ovulation and timing *things* Which is scary but I'm grateful that she can do that without having to send me to a specialist. Because.. that's where the line is drawn right now. And a lot of this is being kept on the down-low. I'm not over playing it to my husband the way I did before, mostly because I want to keep the stress off. That was a major factor before and my OB even said that along with caring more for myself, keeping the stress of it all down will help tremendously.
Our conversation was so positive and she spent more time with me than I can ever remember her spending. She sat down and it was just such a nice conversation, so full of positive, uplifting things... and she shared a bit of her story which kind of aligns with what I'm going through so it's nice to hear I'm not as far gone as I thought. I can come back from PCOS, which I haven't been "officially" diagnosed with but she says it's highly likely and left it at that. I don't know if she's avoiding giving me a diagnosis to avoid insurance issues or what but that's fine because even with an official diagnosis this new plan is the way we would be going.
So here I am, at the "start" of a new cycle. After 119 days since my last period. If I get another one this month, I'll start my new medication similarly to how I took the clomid. If I don't, and I have a negative pregnancy test (which I'm sure I will) I start provera. Bleh. I hate that medicine. Oh well. I've tried the natural way and it only worked once in almost a year. Hopefully this new stuff will work better and I'll have less symptoms/mood swings/craziness. Say a prayer for me please... I need this to be my year.

No comments:
Post a Comment