Countdown to baby!

BabyGaga

Thursday, February 26, 2015

So.. I lost my job...

Yeah, I got a phone call today from my department manager.. I'm apparently not progressing as fast as they think I should be, so they terminated my employment.. Without so much as a warning, or anything. I mean, I knew they could terminate without any reason, but I had hoped they would have at least given me the chance to bet better before just letting me go. I am so sick over all this. Where do I go from here? Who will hire me in my field if I've been fired? Even if it was for nothing, no one will want to hire me now. The job market is so scarce around here, I have had enough trouble finding a job, let alone with this riding over my head. I am wondering if this is something I am able to do.. If ultrasound is really something I want to do. I mean, I enjoy scanning OB, but I'm finding I don't really like anything else. Unfortunately there's no way to get into full time OB without a shitton of experience.. Can't get that without doing all the rest. But can I wade through it all to get to where I want to be, or is it all for naught? I just don't know... I don't know anything anymore.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no... I am so sorry Britt. How can you gain experience without working and learning first? That crap gets on my NERVES! Don't give up. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It gets on my nerves too... But I guess they can do what they want because there are so many other, more trained and experienced sonographers around...

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear :( been there and I totally understand the feelings that no one will hire you but trust me someone will. It's early in your career and instead of being supportive and helping you grow they've just turned their backs on you. You don't want to work somewhere like that. Trust me. It will take some time to be able to see that. I've had it happen to me too, I had to take a job I didn't want for a while and eventually got myself back where I wanted to be. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really sucks because it's the second biggest health system around and they're Christian. You'd think they'd have treated me a little better...

      Delete